TableAdaptor Update Access database

Guest

I used the wizard in VS2005 to create my connection, dataset, and tableadaptor

I have a typed dataset named dsUserInfo
I have a tableadaptor named taFillUserInfo

I would like to on the vb side be able to do update the database when a
button is clicked executing the following code.

if me.textbox1.text = "x" then
taFillUserInfo.text1 = me.textbox1
else
some message
End if

What I can't get is how to "call" my tableadaptor taFillUserInfo to get the
column names.

Peter Bradley

Ysgrifennodd Andre:
I used the wizard in VS2005 to create my connection, dataset, and tableadaptor

I have a typed dataset named dsUserInfo
I have a tableadaptor named taFillUserInfo

I would like to on the vb side be able to do update the database when a
button is clicked executing the following code.

if me.textbox1.text = "x" then
taFillUserInfo.text1 = me.textbox1
else
some message
End if

What I can't get is how to "call" my tableadaptor taFillUserInfo to get the
column names.

I can't remember if this answers your question directly, but it should help:

http://www.peredur.uklinux.net/TypedDataSets.pdf

This example project (which is really about forms authentication), uses
a Typed DataSet. It definitely shows you how to use the Typed DataSet
using the column names:

http://www.peredur.uklinux.net/FormsAuthenticationSln.zip

Note that the zip file contains a complete .NET solution. I cannot
guarantee that it is virus-free. I think it is; but I can't guarantee
it. So please examine the code and recompile it before running it.

Both the above use C# rather than VB, but I don't think that should give
you too much trouble. It might even persuade you to use C# :)

HTH

Peter