Tables and CSS

Christopher R

Looks like I have got a few of the basics down now with using divs instead
of tables in xhtml strict.
I am figuring out how to put a form on my site and I have two questions:

1. Is there a reason why I shouldn't use a table to create a form - or is
this the best method?
2. What are the reasons for not using tables with CSS?

Thanks.

David Dorward

Christopher said:
Looks like I have got a few of the basics down now with using divs instead
of tables in xhtml strict.
I am figuring out how to put a form on my site and I have two questions:

1. Is there a reason why I shouldn't use a table to create a form - or is
this the best method?

There are two schools of thought on that matter.

(1) Forms are tabular data with the user filling in one column
(2) No they aren't

See: http://www.realworldstyle.com/forms.html
2. What are the reasons for not using tables with CSS?

When the data isn't tabular