Tables and CSS

Mark Rae

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but here goes:

I'm using VS.NET 2003 to create a Web app and have defined a table as
follows:

width="100%">

As I'm going to be reusing this style all over the app, I'm trying to
replace it with a style, as follows:

and in my stylesheet I have the following definition:

..tblBorder
{
border-style: outset;
border-bottom-color: "#006699";
border-right-color: "#006699";
border-left-color: "lightgrey";
border-top-color: "lightgrey";
border-width: 3;
}

But it doesn't look right. I'm obviously missing something...

Any assistance gratefully received.

Mark Rae

Kyril Magnos

Hi Mark,

You aren't missing anything. The bordercolorlight and bordercolordark are
rendered differently than CSS styles are so things may not look the same
when applied differently. Also, border in the <table> tag is expressed
differently than border-width is in CSS (border-width in CSS can take
different measurement units including pt, px, em, etc). You will have to toy
around with your CSS settings to get them closer to what the browser
actually renders if those values were supplied in the tag.

--
HTH

Kyril Magnos

Question of the day:
What is Mono?
A) Disease where the lymph nodes become swollen.
B) A single sound
C) A synonym for one
D) A port of .NET meant to royally irritate MSFT
E) All of the above.

| Hi,
|
| Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but here goes:
|
| I'm using VS.NET 2003 to create a Web app and have defined a table as
| follows:

| width="100%">
|
| As I'm going to be reusing this style all over the app, I'm trying to
| replace it with a style, as follows:

| and in my stylesheet I have the following definition:
|
| .tblBorder
| {
| border-style: outset;
| border-bottom-color: "#006699";
| border-right-color: "#006699";
| border-left-color: "lightgrey";
| border-top-color: "lightgrey";
| border-width: 3;
| }
|
| But it doesn't look right. I'm obviously missing something...
|
| Any assistance gratefully received.
|
| Mark Rae

Mark Rae

Hi Mark,

You aren't missing anything. The bordercolorlight and bordercolordark are
rendered differently than CSS styles are so things may not look the same
when applied differently. Also, border in the <table> tag is expressed
differently than border-width is in CSS (border-width in CSS can take
different measurement units including pt, px, em, etc). You will have to toy
around with your CSS settings to get them closer to what the browser
actually renders if those values were supplied in the tag.

OK - thanks for the reply.