Tables and CSS

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark Rae, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    Hi,

    Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but here goes:

    I'm using VS.NET 2003 to create a Web app and have defined a table as
    follows:

    width="100%">

    As I'm going to be reusing this style all over the app, I'm trying to
    replace it with a style, as follows:

    and in my stylesheet I have the following definition:

    ..tblBorder
    {
    border-style: outset;
    border-bottom-color: "#006699";
    border-right-color: "#006699";
    border-left-color: "lightgrey";
    border-top-color: "lightgrey";
    border-width: 3;
    }

    But it doesn't look right. I'm obviously missing something...

    Any assistance gratefully received.

    Mark Rae
    Mark Rae, Jul 16, 2004

  2. Mark Rae

    Kyril Magnos Guest

    Hi Mark,

    You aren't missing anything. The bordercolorlight and bordercolordark are
    rendered differently than CSS styles are so things may not look the same
    when applied differently. Also, border in the <table> tag is expressed
    differently than border-width is in CSS (border-width in CSS can take
    different measurement units including pt, px, em, etc). You will have to toy
    around with your CSS settings to get them closer to what the browser
    actually renders if those values were supplied in the tag.

    --
    HTH

    Kyril Magnos

    Question of the day:
    What is Mono?
    A) Disease where the lymph nodes become swollen.
    B) A single sound
    C) A synonym for one
    D) A port of .NET meant to royally irritate MSFT
    E) All of the above.

    Kyril Magnos, Jul 16, 2004

  3. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Kyril Magnos" <> wrote in message

    > Hi Mark,
    >
    > You aren't missing anything. The bordercolorlight and bordercolordark are
    > rendered differently than CSS styles are so things may not look the same
    > when applied differently. Also, border in the <table> tag is expressed
    > differently than border-width is in CSS (border-width in CSS can take
    > different measurement units including pt, px, em, etc). You will have to

    toy
    > around with your CSS settings to get them closer to what the browser
    > actually renders if those values were supplied in the tag.

    OK - thanks for the reply.
    Mark Rae, Jul 16, 2004
  4. Check out
    http://www.somacon.com/color/html_css_table_border_styles.php

    --

    Alphonse Giambrone
    Email: a-giam at customdatasolutions dot us

    Alphonse Giambrone, Jul 16, 2004
  5. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, Jul 17, 2004