Tables and Page Breaks

scorpion53061

Hi I am actually a vb.net windows developer using code to write a web page.
I have a loop that writes rows to the web page. What I would like to do is:

1. Every five tables force a page break

OR

2. If a table is broken between pages it should force a pagebreak to make
the table appear on the next page.

Can this be done in HTML? thank you for any help.........

A sample of how it is looking in my project....drs is a variable for row ,
Dshistory1.Tables is the table of data to be written, i is the integer
indicating what row you are on, sw is the data.

For Each drs In Dshistory1.Tables(0).Rows

i = i + 1

sw.WriteLine("<html>")

sw.WriteLine("<body>")

sw.WriteLine("<table border=3 cellspacing=1 width=100% id=AutoNumber1>")

sw.WriteLine("<tr>")

sw.WriteLine("</tr>")

sw.WriteLine("<tr>")

sw.WriteLine("<td width=33% align=center>" &
Dshistory1.Tables(0).Rows(i).Item("CUSTNO") & "</td>")

sw.WriteLine("<td width=33% align=center>" &
Dshistory1.Tables(0).Rows(i).Item("CUSTNAME") & "</td>")

sw.WriteLine("<td width=34% align=center>" &
Dshistory1.Tables(0).Rows(i).Item("SLSMN") & "</td>")

sw.WriteLine("</tr>")

sw.WriteLine("</table>")

sw.WriteLine("</center>")

sw.WriteLine("</div>")

Next

sw.WriteLine("</body>")

sw.WriteLine("</html>")

sw.Close()

Matthias Gutfeldt

scorpion53061 said:
Hi I am actually a vb.net windows developer using code to write a web page.
I have a loop that writes rows to the web page. What I would like to do is:

1. Every five tables force a page break

OR

2. If a table is broken between pages it should force a pagebreak to make
the table appear on the next page.

My screen doesn't have any pages!

Fun aside, you could experiment with the properties for paged media:
<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/page.html>. Browser support for these
properties varies wildly, of course.

Matthias

scorpion53061

LOL touche' you are correct sir.......

I guess what I am saying is when the user goes to print the page perhaps
there is a script or style sheet you could help me with (or perhaps plain
old HTML) that could make it print in such a way that tables are not broken
in printing or only prints a number of tables per page.