    looks fine until the news content extends too far, then it stretches.

    Anyone have an idea how to stop this annoying auto-stretch?

    , Jun 25, 2006

  2. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, vouchsafed:

    > I'm working on a website for a friend, and the layout has been giving
    > me some trouble.
    > http://members.osc3.com/nosferatu/zombie/
    >
    > I would like the content panels to be able to be any length, without
    > the left side auto-expanding, without using iframes.

    I don't see this happening.

    > Every table is defined exactly as big as the image inside of it, and it
    > looks fine until the news content extends too far, then it stretches.

    I don't see this, either (unless you mean vertically.)

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.

    Neredbojias, Jun 25, 2006

  3. Martin Jay Guest

    In message <>,
    writes
    >I'm working on a website for a friend, and the layout has been giving
    >me some trouble.
    >http://members.osc3.com/nosferatu/zombie/
    >
    >I would like the content panels to be able to be any length, without
    >the left side auto-expanding, without using iframes.
    >
    >Every table is defined exactly as big as the image inside of it, and it
    >looks fine until the news content extends too far, then it stretches.
    >
    >Anyone have an idea how to stop this annoying auto-stretch?

    Is it really a problem? The stretching only occurs if you use an
    extremely long word and/or zoom in a long way.
    --
    Martin Jay
    Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877

    Martin Jay, Jun 25, 2006

    My problem is the vertical expanding. Since the entire left side has to
    stay attached to form the navigation picture, expanding tables are
    causing a big mess. I see the problem in both IE and in Firefox.

    , Jun 25, 2006

    I've fixed it.

    Basically, what I had to do was keep the two sides in their own
    independent tables. This stopped the code from using colspan and
    rowspan. Before, when it reached a limit on the right side's content,
    it would expand the cell on the right side that it was associated with.
    In this case, it was the upper left box in the navigation. After doing
    that, all the cells below it would auto-size with it.

    Now, there is a large 1x1 table holding two tables, an 11x1 and a 3x1.
    Now, when the 3x1 expands further with news content, the 11x1 tables is
    left untouched, and the 1x1 table stretches instead.

    , Jun 25, 2006