Tables with solid black borders?

Michael Wilcox

If I do <table border=1> I get the standard outset border frames. How do I
turn these into a solid, 1 pixel border (probably with css)? "border: 1px
solid black" doesn't seem to do it right, so how do I do it?

Lauri Raittila

If I do <table border=1> I get the standard outset border frames. How do I
turn these into a solid, 1 pixel border (probably with css)? "border: 1px
solid black" doesn't seem to do it right, so how do I do it?

URL?

table {border: 1px solid black}

/* or depending on what you are after */

table, td {border: 1px solid black;border-collapse:collapse;}

Most¹ browsers have bug that makes it look odd when border=1 is set in
HTML.

That is unfortunate, as it will degrade badly. If so happens, you can use
HTML to set that, I don't remember how and it is deprecated and don't
have full support either.

[1] when I last checked, can't remember when.

Sid Ismail

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 23:51:48 GMT, "Michael Wilcox"

: If I do <table border=1> I get the standard outset border frames. How do I
: turn these into a solid, 1 pixel border (probably with css)? "border: 1px
: solid black" doesn't seem to do it right, so how do I do it?

why not?

url? Wanna see if TDs require it.

Sid

Michael Wilcox

Lauri Raittila said:
URL?

table {border: 1px solid black}

/* or depending on what you are after */

table, td {border: 1px solid black;border-collapse:collapse;}

Beautiful, thank you. I guess the collapse thing was exactly what I needed.