def foo():
a = 1
<.tab..>b = 1
----
but results in a TabError in Python 3k

File "x.py", line 3
b = 3
^
TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation

The py3k docs say the same thing as the 2.6 docs,
namely that tabs are expanded to spaces prior to
determining the line's indentation. (Language
Ref, Lex Anal, Line Struct, Indentation)
(I wish someone would put the section numbers
back in the docs.) No mention of this change
(that I noticed) in What's New or NEWS.txt.

Do the Py3k docs need correction?

inyeol.lee

The following code works under 2.6
----
def foo():
a = 1
<.tab..>b = 1
----
but results in a TabError in Python 3k

File "x.py", line 3
b = 3
^
TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation

The py3k docs say the same thing as the 2.6 docs,
namely that tabs are expanded to spaces prior to
determining the line's indentation. (Language
Ref, Lex Anal, Line Struct, Indentation)
(I wish someone would put the section numbers
back in the docs.) No mention of this change
(that I noticed) in What's New or NEWS.txt.

Do the Py3k docs need correction?

-tt option in python 2.x is now default in python 3.0.
Apparently it got slipped from any documentation, including what's
new.

--Inyeol