    confusion cloud?

    thanks,
    rodchar
    =?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=, Feb 5, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "rodchar" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > does anyone know a good a way to abstract this new tab away from the
    > confusion cloud?

    Is this not all set up in the markup, then...?
    Mark Rae, Feb 5, 2007

  3. Hi Mark,
    I'm not sure I understand your reply, please forgive me. Could you please
    elaborate a little.
    Rodchar

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=, Feb 5, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "rodchar" <> wrote in message

    > I'm not sure I understand your reply, please forgive me. Could you please
    > elaborate a little.

    You mentioned that the tabs were set up using a MultiView control and a lot
    of View controls - I was asking if this was done in the markup as opposed to
    being dynamically created in code-behind...

    Does it not resemble something like this:?
    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/TabControl.asp

    If so, is it not simply a question of adding another <asp:View> control
    wherever you need the new tab to appear...?
    Mark Rae, Feb 5, 2007
  5. yeah that's very true however, what i was wondering is with the basic View
    control in place for the new tab could i take the guts of the new tab and
    somehow extract it out into another page or user control, or better
    suggestions?

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=, Feb 5, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "rodchar" <> wrote in message

    > yeah that's very true however, what i was wondering is with the basic View
    > control in place for the new tab could i take the guts of the new tab and
    > somehow extract it out into another page or user control, or better
    > suggestions?

    Er, well an <asp:View> is just a container for other controls, so there's
    really nothing to stop you doing anything you want with them...

    I'm really not seeing what the problem is here...
    Mark Rae, Feb 5, 2007
  7. i guess i just didn't want to have to go and add new code to the existing
    code behind page because it is a huge code behind.

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=, Feb 6, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?cm9kY2hhcg==?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "rodchar" <> wrote in message

    >i guess i just didn't want to have to go and add new code to the existing
    > code behind page because it is a huge code behind.

    OK - here's what to do...

    1) In Project Explorer, highlight the file in question.

    2) Type Ctrl-C

    3) Type Ctrl-V

    You really will be OK... :)
    Mark Rae, Feb 6, 2007