'tabs' look in CSS

bulge

Ahh the wonders of CSS continue.
Simple question (I hope):

I have a <h4> heading 30% wide (which I want to be a 'tab').
Right below it I have have a <div>-styled box 100% wide (containing
lotsa text).

I have a border around both of them, 1px. They are lined up directly
under each other perfectly already (no gaps).

Problem: The top-border of the 100% wide div box is slashing through
my 'tab' just above it, ruining the tab effect I want. I still want
the top border to be there so it looks normal where the h4 'tab' and
the box don't meet, but to disappear where they meet.

Any ideas?

bulge

bulge

It is. I don't know what browser you are using but here is a shot of that
page in IE6
http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/tab.jpg

If the above is not what you want then I have no more guesses left

I tried Opera & Firefox...no borders :( Just tried IE, yep...they
show up. Thanks for the help, I'll see if I can hack my way around
this (it must work in all moderm browsers).

bulge

There was a typo that crept in *after* I had checked the page in Mozilla.

ahh, typos. I know them well :)
Looks good in Moz, but bad in Opera.

This is the most annoying thing about web-work - every browser does
things differently. Gah! I just find I got a spacing issue in IE 5.x
too...

Might post the page later. Break time now. Eyes popping out...

rf

brucie said:
in post: <

broken in opera until you add 'margin:0;' before 'margin-right:10px;' in
the h4 or do a margin:0 10px 0 0;

Thanks brucie.

But, how stupid is that? Opera is not a browser I support anyway :)

Sid Ismail

: Problem: The top-border of the 100% wide div box is slashing through
: my 'tab' just above it, ruining the tab effect I want.

Quote a URL. It's the padding you have that does that.

Sid