Tag clear into configsection doesn't seem to work properly into childweb.config

Lambuz

Hi all.

I have to stop inheritance of configsections into web.config of one
webapplication.

In this web.config there is a configsection with the same name of one
configsection put into web.config of root web site.

I've read into official Microsoft documentation that I might use tag
<clear />, but it doesn't seem to work properly.

I have always the same error

"Section or group name 'xxxx' is already defined. Updates to this may
only occur at the configuration level where it is defined."

This is a fragment of web.config in root website

<configuration>
<configSections>
<section name="xxxx"
type="System.Configuration.SingleTagSectionHandler, System,
Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"/.....
</configSections>
</configuration>

This is a fragment of web.config in my webapplication
<configuration>
<configSections>
<clear />
<section name="xxxx"
type="System.Configuration.SingleTagSectionHandler, System,
Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"/.....
</configSections>
</configuration>

I've also tried with tag <remove name="xxxx" /> without success.

Any ideas ?