    Many thanks,
    --
    I.

    I.N. Galidakis, May 18, 2011

  2. I.N. Galidakis

    dorayme Guest

    In article <1305748046.82422@athprx04>,
    "I.N. Galidakis" <> wrote:

    > I've downloaded this tag-cloud script package:
    >
    > http://free-javascript-download.blogspot.com/2009/07/tag-cloud.html
    >
    > I've put it in my web page and it works fine, except that I see only words
    > which
    > appear in the source blog.
    >
    > Does anyone know what exactly I need to modify in the 'index.html' file
    > (except
    > the obvious size/color, etc) to have it load automatically my web page's
    > words?
    >
    > I tried replacing the 'http' links, but I still see only the words indicated
    > in
    > the source file 'index.html'.
    >
    > Is it my impression or do I have to load the words manually in the http
    > source
    > file?

    Yes, I would say that you need to put in your own words and links
    in the html file. For example, instead of their

    <a
    href='http://free-javascript-download.blogspot.com/2008/10/typewri
    ter.html' class='tag-link-118' title='1 topic' style='font-size:
    8pt;'>Typewriter</a>

    you might put in

    style='font-size: 8pt;'>Terminator 9</a>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 19, 2011

  3. Many thanks dorayme. Apologies for not replying under your post, but your reply
    did not reach my news server. I saw it in another copy-cat web forum.

    I got it to work, with some tinkering. I also managed to get it to validate, so
    the result is nice. Here's the page for ref:

    http://ioannis.virtualcomposer2000.com/writing/Noble.html

    Now there exists a different problem:

    Although the tag cloud anchors work, IE does not store the new link location, as
    a result, when the user clicks on a link, the link works, but when the user
    subsequently clicks the "back" button, IE exits the page.

    I suspect that this happens because the links are embedded inside the script and
    probably do not get stored in IE's history link buffer. Does anyone see any
    reasonable cure for this?

    Ideally, the user should click on a word, go there, and then when one clicks the
    back button, he should be brought back to the tag cloud.

    Thanks again,
    --
    I.

    I.N. Galidakis wrote:
    > I've downloaded this tag-cloud script package:
    >
    > http://free-javascript-download.blogspot.com/2009/07/tag-cloud.html
    >
    > I've put it in my web page and it works fine, except that I see only
    > words which appear in the source blog.
    >
    > Does anyone know what exactly I need to modify in the 'index.html'
    > file (except the obvious size/color, etc) to have it load
    > automatically my web page's words?
    > I tried replacing the 'http' links, but I still see only the words
    > indicated in the source file 'index.html'.
    >
    > Is it my impression or do I have to load the words manually in the
    > http source file?
    >
    > I am aware that there are tag-cloud scripts which pick up the word
    > count automatically, but I find this js more aesthetically pleasing.
    >
    > Many thanks,

    I.

    I.N. Galidakis, May 21, 2011
  4. I.N. Galidakis

    dorayme Guest

    In article <1306001060.430847@athprx04>,
    "I.N. Galidakis" <> wrote:

    > Many thanks dorayme. Apologies for not replying under your post, but your
    > reply did not reach my news server.

    Wonder why? In fact I often wonder which usenet servers get what
    and what not and why there are these glitches or inadequacies.

    > I saw it in another copy-cat web forum.
    >
    > I got it to work, with some tinkering. I also managed to get it to validate,
    > so
    > the result is nice. Here's the page for ref:
    >
    > http://ioannis.virtualcomposer2000.com/writing/Noble.html
    >
    > Now there exists a different problem:
    >
    > Although the tag cloud anchors work, IE does not store the new link location,
    > as
    > a result, when the user clicks on a link, the link works, but when the user
    > subsequently clicks the "back" button, IE exits the page.
    >
    > I suspect that this happens because the links are embedded inside the script
    > and
    > probably do not get stored in IE's history link buffer. Does anyone see any
    > reasonable cure for this?
    >
    > Ideally, the user should click on a word, go there, and then when one clicks
    > the
    > back button, he should be brought back to the tag cloud.

    You can make up a bit for this by having some navigation on the
    top of your pages so people can deliberately go back. You might
    even put a button for IE users that takes them back to the tag
    cloud page.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 22, 2011