tag object

miki79

Hi,

it's possible to use a html tag object as a tag iframe. When a declare in a
acsx file the tag object, i can't access to them with the codebehind C#.
Visual Studio says that there is no definition for the ID of the tag object.

Can you help me?
Regards
Michele

miki79

Excuse me for the bad question.

i have the <object id="myObject" .. runat="server" /> tag in the markup and
i want access it from C#

example:

this.myObject.Attributes.Add("data", "http://www.microsoft.com");

but Visual Studio says that there is no definition for myObject. I must use
<object instead of <iframe for problem of accessibility

Regards
Michele

Eliyahu Goldin said:
Do you mean you have an <iframe id="myFrame" .. /> tag in the markup and you
want to access it from c#? If that's what you need, just add runat="server":

<iframe id="myFrame" runat="server" ... />

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

miki79 said:
Hi,

it's possible to use a html tag object as a tag iframe. When a declare in
acsx file the tag object, i can't access to them with the codebehind C#.
Visual Studio says that there is no definition for the ID of the tag
object.

Can you help me?
Regards
Michele

bruce barker

just like script, an <object runat=server id=myObject> defines a server
side object (not a client side) that is accessible from c#. its
properties match the object type of course.

to define a client side object from the codebehind you need to use a
different control.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

miki79 said:
Hi,

it's possible to use a html tag object as a tag iframe. When a declare in
acsx file the tag object, i can't access to them with the codebehind C#.
Visual Studio says that there is no definition for the ID of the tag
object.

Can you help me?
Regards
Michele

miki79

Hi, but i don't be able to access at the myObject from C#. I don't understand
why if i declare an IFRAME, i can access to it, but it's not possibile if i
declare a tag object.

Regard
Michele