    and not in:
    bla bla

    help would be greatly appreciated

    hoke, Jan 29, 2004

  2. hoke wrote:

    > Does anybody know if there exists a tag that escapes the html parsing.

    Not any more.

    > So I do not have to use &lt; and &gt; anymore

    Use a tool that has search and replace

    --
    David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk/>

    David Dorward, Jan 29, 2004

  3. hoke wrote:

    > Does anybody know if there exists a tag that escapes the html parsing.
    > So I do not have to use &lt; and &gt; anymore

    There was an <xmp>...</xmp> tag in some very early editions of HTML, but I
    don't think that there are many browsers that still support it.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Jan 29, 2004
  4. hoke wrote:
    > Does anybody know if there exists a tag that escapes the html parsing.
    >
    > So I do not have to use &lt; and &gt; anymore

    There are a few, but they've been deprecated since around HTML 2.0. Use
    a script to convert special characters to entities for you.

    Leif K-Brooks, Jan 30, 2004