taglibs and limits : HELP !!

charly

Hello,

I'm experiencing a very strange behaviour in the setting up a taglib for
a website :

web.xml : has this and other tags

<taglib>
<taglib-uri>sexeTag</taglib-uri>
<taglib-location>/web-inf/tlds/sexe.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

sexe.tld is :
<!DOCTYPE taglib
PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library 1.1//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd">

<taglib>
<tlibversion>1.0</tlibversion>
<jspversion>1.1</jspversion>
<shortname>sexeTag</shortname>

<tag>
<name>sexeRadio</name>
<tagclass>tag.TagSexe</tagclass>
<bodycontent>empty</bodycontent>
<info>tag de boutons radio</info>
<attribute>
<name>choixSexe</name>
<required>true</required>
<rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
</attribute>
</tag>
</taglib>

some jsp is :
<sexeTag:sexeRadio choixSexe="M"/>

Evaluated html code is : <sexeTag:sexeRadio choixSexe="M"/>

The tld file is parsed because if I put a wrong tld name file, the
webapp doesn't start.

I did put the tag in another tld file which worked and tadaaa, the tag
worked (it generated Two radio buttons and selects Male or Female).

This is driving me NUTS !!
I'm using Tomcat 4.1.27 on Linux if that matters

Is there a limit to the number of tlds file ??? I'll google about this
just in case

Many thx because i'm at wit's end :( and of course I must have
overlooked something easy