TagPrefix?

Brad B.

Maybe a newbie question, but I'm trying to implement a
custom Tag processing routine. I'm having limited
success finding documentation on the following:

<%@Register TagPrefix="bla" .... %>

Can anyone point me to any kind of documentation on how
this mechanism works. Simply put, I want to be able to
put a custom tag in my ASPX file, and to have a block of
my code that is processed (when that tag is encountered)
which will be located in an assembly of my choosing, and
not another file such an .ASCX file.

mikeb

Brad said:
Maybe a newbie question, but I'm trying to implement a
custom Tag processing routine. I'm having limited
success finding documentation on the following:

<%@Register TagPrefix="bla" .... %>

Can anyone point me to any kind of documentation on how
this mechanism works. Simply put, I want to be able to
put a custom tag in my ASPX file, and to have a block of
my code that is processed (when that tag is encountered)
which will be located in an assembly of my choosing, and
not another file such an .ASCX file.

What you're talking about doing is developing a "Custom Server Control".
MSDN has a complete walk-through that should get you started:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...alkthroughDevelopingSimpleWebFormsControl.asp

Brad Benham

Thanks. This helped.
Unfortunately, I still can't seem to achieve what I need. Basically, I
wish to "Insert" html at the top of my aspx page that will force
everything else on the page to move down. With normal HTML, this is a
given. However, the default design mode for aspx pages uses absolute
positioning. I need a way to actually insert something at the top of
the page (during one of the page processing events) that would show up
at the top of the page and force everything else to move down.

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks.