tags in web.config

jake

newbie question. what is the common tool to edit the tags in web.config,
other than, notepad, xmlnotepad, or vs 2005? Can this be managed from
asp.net mmc? thanks.

John Saunders [MVP]

David R. Longnecker said:
If by "tags" you mean the different settings and such, then I'm not aware
of a good tool--most either use Visual Studio, NotePad, or if you're
adventureous, you can use the built-in visual tool in Visual Studio, under
Project, there should be an ASP.NET Configuration (I think, not infront of
a dev machine at the moment). It's a visual, web-based tool to allow you
to modify certain keys and such; however, it's not real low-level.

You can also use the "ASP.NET" tab in the virtual directory properties in
IIS. It doesn't allow you to change everything, but it does allow some
changes.