    My Sample:

    My users authenticate against an access database but on a weekly basis,
    I would like to make it not available, to do my updates.

    Gert Albertse, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Have an include file, that makes your connection for all end-user pages. It
    checks a text file, say /allowAccess.txt, for a flag. If the flag is 0,
    write a nice message that says the DB is down for maintenance, otherwise
    continue as usual.

    When you are performing your updates, hit an admin page that overwrites this
    text file with the opposite flag. Don't forget to change it back when you're
    done.

    What kind of updates are you performing weekly that requires the database to
    be unavailable?

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Oct 12, 2004

  3. Gert Albertse wrote:
    > How do I make an access database offline or not available for users
    > from the internet using asp code.
    >
    > My Sample:
    >
    > My users authenticate against an access database but on a weekly
    > basis, I would like to make it not available, to do my updates.

    a. Change its name
    b. Move it to another folder
    c. Revoke NTFS permissions to if for the IUSR account
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 12, 2004