Tapestry 3: trouble accessing Visit object

robindaz

Hi all,

I'm trying to store Visit object and access it from a page.
I have put the following in the .application file:

<property
name="net.sf.tapestry.visit-class">com.hp.eclaims.web.utils.Visit</property>

This Visit object contains a property called collectionInfo which is a
bean.
The Visit object has a constructor that sets the collectionInfo
property upon initialization.
The bean properties are populated upon initialization of the bean.

Then in the .page file, which has a corresponding class that extends
BasePage, I'm trying to access the properties in the collectionInfo
bean:

<component id="pickupZip" type="TextField">
<binding name="value"
expression="visit.collectionInfo.zipcode"/>
</component>

In my perception this should work as the getVisit() method is inherited
from the BasePage and the getCollectionInfo() method is available in
the Visit class and the getZipcode() method in the bean.

Why isn't this working???

Hope someone can help...

Kind regards,
Bianca