Tar2RubyScript 0.4.1

Erik Veenstra

Just released Tar2RubyScript 0.4.1 [1].

* Added --tar2rubyscript-list.

* Put the temporary directory on top of $:, instead of at the
end, so the embedded libraries are preferred over the locally
installed libraries.

* Fixed a bug when executing init.rb from within another
directory.

gegroet,
Erik V.

[1] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/tar2rubyscript/index.html

Erik Veenstra

[1] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/tar2rubyscript/index.html
With Archive::Tar::Minitar you do not need to require the use
of an external tar executable at all. Also,
Archive::Tar::Minitar works with Zlib::GzipWriter and
Zlib::GzipReader, so you could compress the "RBA"s :)

I'll have a look at Minitar. Sounds good.

ZLIB is not available in Ruby 1.6 . From the performance point
of view, it's not interesting either, although it's probably
not too painfully. Size only (really) matters when transferring
over the 'Net. On that occasion, gzip does a wonderful job.
Default on Linux, no problem for WinZip. Even my mother knows
how to handle application.rb.gz . Just double click, and double
click again.

I'll consider compression as an optional feature.

Thanks.

gegroet,
Erik V.