target="_blank" cannot open a new window

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Matt, Jun 1, 2004.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    In the following code, page1.asp is inside the frame of main.html.
    When the user click submit button in page1.asp, it will submit the form
    and open a new window called page2.asp. When the user clicks submit
    button on page2.asp, I expected to open a new window called page3.asp.
    Unfortunately, it just open page3.asp in the same window as page2.asp, and
    now page2.asp is gone.

    However, if I just open page1.asp, and begins from there, it is fine.
    I think this is because page1.asp is put inside the frame.

    ========= main.html ======================
    <frameset>
    <frame src="page1.asp">
    </frameset>

    ================== page1.asp ==============

    <form action="page2.asp" target="_blank">

    ================== page2.asp ==============

    <form action="page3.asp" target="_blank">

    Any workarounds?? Thanks!!

    Matt, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Matt

    Evertjan. Guest

    Matt wrote on 01 jun 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > In the following code, page1.asp is inside

    Please do not multipost

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.