    configuration file?

    Thank you,
    Mircea

    Mircea Pleteriu, May 3, 2005

  2. Hi Mircea,

    Welcome to ASP.NET newsgroup.
    As for the Targeting .net framework version for Custom Control assembly
    problem you mentioned, here are some of my understandings:

    1. As for .net framework version targeting, this is configurable at
    Application level through the app.config.

    #Targeting a .NET Framework Version
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpcontargetingnetframew
    orkversion.asp?frame=true

    So which version to load is specified by the application's configure file.
    Our custom control/components' assembly don't need , also can not provide
    such information. What version of framework to load is determined by the
    application's setting.

    2. Since your control is a winform control, is it used in winform app or
    will also be used in web page as IE hosted control? In winform app, we can
    just use app.exe.config to specify runtime version info. If it is used in
    IE (web page), it'll be a bit difficult to specify the version to use since
    the IE hosted control are all running in the IE brower's applicaiton
    instance, we need to provide a app.config for the iexplore.exe file
    ("iexplore.exe.config), and this is not quite possible in most scenario.

    Thanks,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security