    are there any other ways to do this? i was not able to simply save a
    local copy and populate it with the credentials.

    , May 26, 2005

    Re: target form field in iframe w/in frame from other frame

    wrote:
    > i have an app i need to login to that requires several credentials,
    > instead of typing them (or having the browser remember some of them), i
    > call the login page in an iframe, which itself is in the bottom pane of
    > a two frame frameset. fwiw, the login page the iframe calls is on a
    > different server.
    >
    > i would like to click a button (or link) in the top pane and populate
    > fields in the bottom frame --> iframe, e.g. my username password,
    > account id.
    >
    > is it possible?
    >
    > are there any other ways to do this? i was not able to simply save a
    > local copy and populate it with the credentials.

    to make things a little easier - i am calling the remote page as the
    bottom frame's source - i just need a few links (or buttons) in the top
    frame to populate form field values in the bottom (remember - called
    from another server) frame. it would be nice for just one button (or
    link) to accomplish this...

    thanks,
    mm

    , May 26, 2005

    Re: target form field in iframe w/in frame from other frame

    from iframe, to access the Parent page ,
    u just do

    example

    parent.document.title = "HAHA"
    parent.document.getElementById('haha').innerHTML = "HAHA"

    but different server, u can't do it

    , May 27, 2005