target frame javascript

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by email@isanoniem.nl, Aug 7, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I've used the following actionscript in my Flash navigational buttons
    to load the 5 individual contentpages in the content frame of my
    frameset named "content"

    getURL("http://www.digitalecartoons.nl/mail.htm", "content");

    This works ok.

    In case someone types www.digitalecartoons.nl/mail.htm, I didn't want
    just the mail.htm page to be displayed. Without the navigational frame
    I mean. I solved this with the following javascript in each of the 5
    pages, so that instead the homepage is loaded. Meaning the index.htm
    frameset.

    <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    if (window == top) {
    top.location.replace("index.htm"); } //-->
    </SCRIPT>

    This also works ok.

    But now I get an email from somebody saying that when she clicks on any
    flash button, instead of the page being loaded into the "content" frame
    of the index frameset, the homepage is reloaded. As if in her case the
    javascript doesn't recognize the "content" part in the geturl. Thinking
    just the mail.htm is being accessed. Or as of the Flash button doesn't
    use the "content" part.

    I haven't heard any complaints like this, but what could be wrong in
    her case? She both tried Internet Explorer and Firefox and uses the
    latest flash player and sun java.

    , Aug 7, 2006