target tag

dorayme

Not a PDF. Folders containing JPGs. No a clickable index.

I have uncompressed all the RARs and have the JPGs in my computer. the
navigation column is linked to these JPGs. I do not intend to put them
on the server. The visitors can download 2 html files and a js file and
do the same.

OK. I had a look at your framed page, just be careful to give a greater
width to the left navigation bar, everyone will surely hate to
horizonantal scroll on a not wide navigation column!

Eustace

Hmmm... I missed the part about there being subfolders in the archive.

Every .cbr I've seen was "flat," with no subfolders, but I don't know
if that's design or happenstance. Why not just try it and see? Renaming
the .rar file is trivial, and Comical isn't a very big download.

sherm--

Unfortunately it can't open it, because, I think, of the Greek titles of
the folders, which, I suppose, are not in Unicode. Anyway, even if it
could, my webpage with the subchapters I am adding make browsing the
book much easier.

emf

Eustace

OK. I had a look at your framed page, just be careful to give a greater
width to the left navigation bar, everyone will surely hate to
horizonantal scroll on a not wide navigation column!

Thanks for reminding me that not everybody has wide-screen monitor. In
the directions, though, I advice resizing the frame to suit ones needs,
i.e. browsing or reading a page.

emf

dorayme

On 2009-12-14 04:28 dorayme wrote: ....

Thanks for reminding me that not everybody has wide-screen monitor. In
the directions, though, I advice resizing the frame to suit ones needs,
i.e. browsing or reading a page.

Well, actually, not that size matters, I am perhaps in the top few
percent of the world's users with the largest desktop screen real estate
and I was not meaning to remind you of that not everyone has wide-screen!

You should not have to advise people of this, forestall the need by good
design for the specific thing we are talking here, a navigation column,
about which I said and gave examples in last posts... I was alerting you
to that people hate horizontal scrolling especially for a tiny
navigation column and many people (like me) do not like having to resize
browsers for the sole purpose of being able to read *a navigation column*

DLU

wayne said:
There is no god and that is a fact. You can believe all you want, but
the fact remains.

-- Wayne
glenmeadows.us
One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked
by religion. -- Arthur C. Clarke

I have a god on my bookshelf right in front of me. His name is Chack.

* This is the Spammish Inquisition *
* Not Lumber Cartel Unit 75 [TINLC] *
* I am not SPEWS.ORG *