Tax Problem C++

robinhood.biira

For the solution, we request that you use C++ We expect your solution to bedeveloped in an Object Oriented approach, and we will be evaluating your Object Oriented Design Skills.
We will be reviewing the SOURCE CODE of your application, and not the UI. We do not expect a fancy web application or windows forms application. A text or console based application would be enough.
You may not use any external libraries to solve this problem, but you may use external libraries or tools for building or testing purposes. Specifically, you may use unit testing libraries or build tools available for your chosen language (e.g., JUnit, Ant, NUnit, Rspec, Rake, etc.)
All problems below require some kind of input. You are free to implement
any mechanism for feeding input into your solution (for example, using hardcoded data within a unit test). You should provide sufficient evidence that your solution is complete by, as a minimum, indicating that it works correctly against the supplied test data.
While these are small problems, we expect you to submit what you believe isproduction-quality code that you would be able to run, maintain and evolve.. You don’t need to gold plate- your solution, but we are looking for something more than a bare-bones algorithm.
Optionally, you can include a brief explanation of your design and assumptions along with your code, as well as instructions to run your application.

PROBLEM TWO: SALES TAXES

Basic sales tax is applicable at a rate of 10% on all goods, except books,
food, and medical products that are exempt. Import duty is an additional
sales tax applicable on all imported goods at a rate of 5%, with no
exemptions.

When I purchase items I receive a receipt which lists the name of all the
items and their price (including tax), finishing with the total cost of the
items, and the total amounts of sales taxes paid. The rounding rules for
sales tax are that for a tax rate of n%, a shelf price of p contains
(np/100 rounded up to the nearest 0.05) amount of sales tax.

Write an application that prints out the receipt details for these shopping
baskets...
INPUT:

Input 1:
1 book at 12.49
1 music CD at 14.99
1 chocolate bar at 0.85

Input 2:
1 imported box of chocolates at 10.00
1 imported bottle of perfume at 47.50

Input 3:
1 imported bottle of perfume at 27.99
1 bottle of perfume at 18.99
1 packet of headache pills at 9.75
1 box of imported chocolates at 11.25

OUTPUT

Output 1:
1 book : 12.49
1 music CD: 16.49
1 chocolate bar: 0.85
Sales Taxes: 1.50
Total: 29.83

Output 2:
1 imported box of chocolates: 10.50
1 imported bottle of perfume: 54.65
Sales Taxes: 7.65
Total: 65.15

Output 3:
1 imported bottle of perfume: 32.19
1 bottle of perfume: 20.89
1 packet of headache pills: 9.75
1 imported box of chocolates: 11.85
Sales Taxes: 6.70
Total: 74.68
=========

Victor Bazarov

For the solution, we request [..]

Interesting and challenging problem, indeed. You would be surprised, I
am sure, but this is a frequently asked question (if I may qualify it as
such). And the answer to it has already been placed in the list of the
FAQ. You can find it here: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq/

Can you guess which FAQ section applies? And which question (and
answer) within that section?

robinhood.biira

Kindly direct me to the solution