TCL CODE WITH VHDL

AAA

hi ajeeta.
seriously not a bit harsh!!! well.. thanks i got the idea how to use
the "examine" command. but this does not solve the problem.
what i want is, i need to capture the output of a vhd/dut and tap it on
to a TCL variable from where i can proceed with my work.
to be frank i'am the only person in my office working on TCL SCRIPT for
verification and i have completed testing in testbenches. but the
requirement is in TCL, for which i'am doing now.
u earlier spoke about a course, is it in INDIA-BANGALORE. do let me
know.

thanks.
and yes one more thing, does VCD commands help for what i'am doing.
tc
hope to get ur response soon. and i'am stuck badly and running short of
time. please get me out of this.

Ajeetha

Hi AAA (BTW, is that the name you go by?),
If I understand you correctly, you have got very close to where you
want to be:

Try:

set tcl_count_output [examine /dut/count_var]

This should get the value of count_var in DUT to a TCL var of name
tcl_count_output.

You may have to wrap this inside a "when" TCL command (Modelsim
specific) to get updates regularly.

[Shameless plug-in:]
know.

Yes, it is. Indeed I'm having several verification related courses in
mind/pipeline and am looking for potential customer(s). I plan to work
on need basis - if a customer says a need for a specific course, I can
work with them and tune it for them.

If interested, feel free to contact me @ gmail.com<>ajeetha

[/End of plug-in]

Good Luck