Tcl/Tk 8.5.0 released

Discussion in 'Python' started by Kevin Walzer, Dec 22, 2007.

  1. Kevin Walzer

    Kevin Walzer Guest

    Thought this might interest some...

    http://www.osnews.com/story.php/19073/TclTk-8.5-Released

    The relevant bits for Python here are the major improvements in Tk,
    specifically native themed widgets for full platform integration on
    Windows and OS X and improved appearance under X11, additonal widgets
    such as a combobox and treeview, a faster, smoother text widget,
    anti-aliased font rendering under X11 and an improved font engine under
    OS X (ATUSI), and more.

    I've been giving 8.5 a test run in my own Tkinter application under OS
    X, and the improvements are pretty dramatic, especially with the
    addition of themed widgets. It's definitely worth checking out!

    --Kevin

    --
    Kevin Walzer
    Code by Kevin