    send messages, but I don't think that'd work with TCP.

    The UDP app is available for DL here, if anyone is interested.
    http://sodasphere.us.to/pub/yipee

    phider1, Aug 27, 2008

  2. On 2008-08-27, phider1 <> wrote:
    > I wrote a little UDP-based chat program. It's not very user-friendly,
    > requiring every user to add every other user to a list. Anyway, I
    > want to adapt it to TCP so you don't have to do that, as well as the
    > ability to talk to people behind firewalls without reconfiguring them.
    > The first problem I have is how to have the server application relay
    > messages to all the clients. The other problem is how to format the
    > output on the client application so that it can show what other people
    > are saying as well as having a prompt at the bottom. Currently I have
    > 2 seperate apps, one that listens for incoming messages, and one to
    > send messages, but I don't think that'd work with TCP.

    comp.programming would be better for general program design.
    For specific platforms or network protocols, there are more
    specific groups to try.

    comp.lang.c deals with standard C which does not natively
    support TCP or UDP.

    --
    Andrew Poelstra
    To email me, use the above email addresss with .com set to .net

    Andrew Poelstra, Aug 27, 2008

  3. phider1

    phider1 Guest

    On Aug 27, 6:21 pm, Andrew Poelstra <> wrote:
    > On 2008-08-27, phider1 <> wrote:
    >
    > > I wrote a little UDP-based chat program.  It's not very user-friendly,
    > > requiring every user to add every other user to a list.  Anyway, I
    > > want to adapt it to TCP so you don't have to do that, as well as the
    > > ability to talk to people behind firewalls without reconfiguring them.
    > > The first problem I have is how to have the server application relay
    > > messages to all the clients.  The other problem is how to format the
    > > output on the client application so that it can show what other people
    > > are saying as well as having a prompt at the bottom.  Currently I have
    > > 2 seperate apps, one that listens for incoming messages, and one to
    > > send messages, but I don't think that'd work with TCP.

    > comp.programming would be better for general program design.
    > For specific platforms or network protocols, there are more
    > specific groups to try.
    >
    > comp.lang.c deals with standard C which does not natively
    > support TCP or UDP.
    >
    > --
    > Andrew Poelstra
    > To email me, use the above email addresss with .com set to .net

    Thanks, I'll go repost there.

    phider1, Aug 27, 2008