    Does anyone know maybe, if vhdl can read a tcpdump file format (using txtio maybe)?
    I know that it is for simulation only and won't be Synthesizable.

    Thanks .

    tomerger, Sep 2, 2006

  2. tomerger

    pini

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2007
    Messages:
    11
    Location:
    israel
    please see the following page:
    "In order to generate packets I have used so far a cpp packet generation. Recently I decided to generate more real traffic. For that I have used tcpdump to capture tarffic from a real network scenario. ...
    Last, but not least, is converting from tcpdump cpp packet generation to the format, which is understandable by the VHDL bench. This is done with a perl script, which is invoked from within vim:

    % !perl vim_tcpdump_ex.pl
    ..."

    h===://bknpk.no-ip.biz/my_web/SDIO/ip_ttl_filter_ttl_tcpdump.html

    pini, Aug 28, 2013