td control is disabled on IE 5.5 and lower

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mr. x, Dec 12, 2003.

  1. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    Hello,

    Here is a code, that works great for IE 6.0,
    but for IE 5.5, there is a problem, that the input (id = "a_name") is
    disabled,
    and I cannot figure out why, and how can I enable it.

    Help, please.

    <head>
    <title>Test</title>
    </head>

    <input name="a_name" type="text" id="x_name" />

    Thanks :)

    Mr. x, Dec 12, 2003

  2. In article <3fda3c94@news.012.net.il>, Mr. x <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Here is a code, that works great for IE 6.0,
    > but for IE 5.5, there is a problem, that the input (id = "a_name") is
    > disabled,
    > and I cannot figure out why, and how can I enable it.
    >
    > Help, please.

    > <head>
    > <title>Test</title>
    > </head>

    > <input name="a_name" type="text" id="x_name" />
    >
    > Thanks :)

    No problem on IE 5.1 on Mac. You don't state what platform.
    Why do you refer to id = 'a_name' in the intro but name = 'a_name' in
    the code. Is it id or name? Why is there a slash before the closing >
    in the input statement?

    --
    Dennis M. Marks

    Dennis M. Marks, Dec 13, 2003

  3. Dennis M. Marks wrote:

    > In article <3fda3c94@news.012.net.il>, Mr. x <> wrote:
    >
    >> but for IE 5.5, there is a problem, that the input (id = "a_name") is
    >> disabled,

    > No problem on IE 5.1 on Mac. You don't state what platform.

    Well, considering IE 5.5 was only ever released for Win32, I think it is
    safe to assume.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Dec 13, 2003
  4. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    > Well, considering IE 5.5 was only ever released for Win32, I think it is
    > safe to assume.

    I have Windows-XP..
    Generally my browser is IE 6.0.
    I have downloaded IE 5.5 from
    http://www.nachtarchiv.de/Webdesign.html?reportage=25,
    so I have several IE versions on my computer.

    Look at my example - does this work on Windows 98, 2000, for instance, on
    different browsers (5.5)

    If so, then there is something wrong with the link I gave, so several
    browsers works on my computer - but there may be a problem on some IE
    behaviours.

    Thanks :)

    Mr. x, Dec 13, 2003