td control is disabled on IE 5.5 and lower

Mr. x

Hello,

Here is a code, that works great for IE 6.0,
but for IE 5.5, there is a problem, that the input (id = "a_name") is
disabled,
and I cannot figure out why, and how can I enable it.

Help, please.

<head>
<title>Test</title>
</head>

<input name="a_name" type="text" id="x_name" />

Thanks :)

Dennis M. Marks

Hello,

Here is a code, that works great for IE 6.0,
but for IE 5.5, there is a problem, that the input (id = "a_name") is
disabled,
and I cannot figure out why, and how can I enable it.

Help, please.

<head>
<title>Test</title>
</head>

<input name="a_name" type="text" id="x_name" />

Thanks :)

No problem on IE 5.1 on Mac. You don't state what platform.
Why do you refer to id = 'a_name' in the intro but name = 'a_name' in
the code. Is it id or name? Why is there a slash before the closing >
in the input statement?

Toby A Inkster

Dennis said:
No problem on IE 5.1 on Mac. You don't state what platform.

Well, considering IE 5.5 was only ever released for Win32, I think it is
safe to assume.

Mr. x

Well, considering IE 5.5 was only ever released for Win32, I think it is
safe to assume.

I have Windows-XP..
Generally my browser is IE 6.0.
I have downloaded IE 5.5 from
http://www.nachtarchiv.de/Webdesign.html?reportage=25,
so I have several IE versions on my computer.

Look at my example - does this work on Windows 98, 2000, for instance, on
different browsers (5.5)

If so, then there is something wrong with the link I gave, so several
browsers works on my computer - but there may be a problem on some IE
behaviours.

Thanks :)