td tag generating faulty code

Naveen K Kohli

I have created a user control using asp:table control. The control generates
a single column menu controls with 5 rows. each row is supposed to have a
image in link tag. The problem is that ASP.Net framework generates closing
"td" tags on new line. This causes to show extra white pixels at the bottom
of each image. This is because of a known bug in "IE" where it has issues
with closing "td" tag on new line.
Question ..... is there a way to control the HTML tags generated by ASP.Net
controls so that I can get the UI the way I want it?

Thanks

David Lloyd

You would have to override the Render method of the server control, or
possible create a custom control where you specify the HTML to rendered.

--
David Lloyd
MCSD .NET

This response is supplied "as is" without any representations or warranties.