TeaRound Java Application Design Stage

Gurmej

Hi All
The application I want to put together is :-

This would be a basic requirement. It will be a single user/Desktop
application.
We have a Tea Round at work. Basically there are members in the tea
round who take it in turn to fetch it.
So what I want to do is be able to add/delete a member's name and IP
address of Desktop and then set a thread running which would wake up
on every 10 or 60 mins and send a network message saying it is your
turn.
Eventually I want a gui front-end to add/delete member or see a list
of members.

This would be a basic requirement as it develops I would evolve it
further on.

------------------------
Gui Layer Classes
-----------------------
not worried about the classes in here yet

-------------------------
Data Layer Classes
-------------------------

Class MembersList
{
private Member memlist;
private int index;
final static int nextmemNo;

MembersList(){
memlist=new Member[10]
index=0
nextmemNo=1}

void AddMem(memNo, name,ipA)

void DltMem(memNo)
etc
}
------------------------------------
Class Member{

private int memNo;
private String name;
private String ipAddress;

member()
member( memNo, name, ipAdd)

getters()
setters()
}

and maybe

Static Class WhosTurnIsItThread{

int LastMemToDoit
}

So MembersList would be a Container for Member Class.

Questions
1. As I said not worried about the Gui Layer yet. What other
Classes/Interfaces am I missising in the data layer.
Is there any other layers that I need to consider.

2. How where do I fit the the Thread that will wake up to send network
message.

I am a newbie trying to learn via real life secenrios so any help
would be appreciated. I want to think in Java and OO.
Sorry for bad syntax in the Java I just want get over overviews of the
Classes I have thought about.

Thanks in advance for any help
Gurmej

Gurmej

Hi All,
any help would be appreciated with this... I'm just trying to learn
Thanks in advance
Gurmej