TeaRound Java Application Design Stage

Discussion in 'Java' started by Gurmej, Jun 17, 2004.

  1. Gurmej

    Gurmej Guest

    Hi All
    The application I want to put together is :-

    This would be a basic requirement. It will be a single user/Desktop
    application.
    We have a Tea Round at work. Basically there are members in the tea
    round who take it in turn to fetch it.
    So what I want to do is be able to add/delete a member's name and IP
    address of Desktop and then set a thread running which would wake up
    on every 10 or 60 mins and send a network message saying it is your
    turn.
    Eventually I want a gui front-end to add/delete member or see a list
    of members.

    This would be a basic requirement as it develops I would evolve it
    further on.

    ------------------------
    Gui Layer Classes
    -----------------------
    not worried about the classes in here yet

    -------------------------
    Data Layer Classes
    -------------------------

    Class MembersList
    {
    private Member memlist;
    private int index;
    final static int nextmemNo;

    MembersList(){
    memlist=new Member[10]
    index=0
    nextmemNo=1}

    void AddMem(memNo, name,ipA)

    void DltMem(memNo)
    etc
    }
    ------------------------------------
    Class Member{

    private int memNo;
    private String name;
    private String ipAddress;

    member()
    member( memNo, name, ipAdd)

    getters()
    setters()
    }

    and maybe

    Static Class WhosTurnIsItThread{

    int LastMemToDoit
    }

    So MembersList would be a Container for Member Class.

    Questions
    1. As I said not worried about the Gui Layer yet. What other
    Classes/Interfaces am I missising in the data layer.
    Is there any other layers that I need to consider.

    2. How where do I fit the the Thread that will wake up to send network
    message.

    I am a newbie trying to learn via real life secenrios so any help
    would be appreciated. I want to think in Java and OO.
    Sorry for bad syntax in the Java I just want get over overviews of the
    Classes I have thought about.

    Thanks in advance for any help
    Gurmej

    Gurmej, Jun 17, 2004

  2. Gurmej

    Gurmej Guest

    Hi All,
    any help would be appreciated with this... I'm just trying to learn
    Thanks in advance
    Gurmej

    Gurmej, Jun 18, 2004