Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jon, Oct 10, 2005.

  1. Jon

    Jon Guest

    You could use SQL server replication or have a job task that uses DTS to
    regularly xfer the data

    Jon, Oct 10, 2005

  2. Jon

    Mark Rae Guest

    "perspolis" <> wrote in message

    >I have an application using sqlserver.
    > I want to send my data from this database to another database(again
    > sqlserver) in my site.
    > how can I send this data to my database on my site??

    There are several ways you can do this, so you'll need to be a bit more
    specific in what you're trying to do...

    Changing the database you're working with from ASP.NET is simply a matter of
    changing the SQL connection string to refer to the other database.

    Alternatively, if you want to do this from SQL itself, maybe from within a
    stored procedure, you can reference the other database by three-part naming
    e.g.
    SELECT * FROM <database>.dbo.<table>

    However, this will only work if the two databases are on the same server. If
    you need one SQL Server database to interface with another SQL Server
    database on a different server, you'll need to set up a Link Server first -
    see BOL for more details.

    Mark Rae, Oct 10, 2005

  3. Use a Distributed Query or a Stored Procedure using a Distributed Query.
    See:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/acdata/ac_8_qd_12_9ooj.asp

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    Ambiguity has a certain quality to it.

    Kevin Spencer, Oct 10, 2005
  4. Jon

    Patrice Guest

    You could call this SP from your ASP.NET application. If you use DataSet
    instead the data will move from the DB to the web server to the other DB
    while using a stored proc (or a SQL statement) you'll move the data directly
    on the server...

    It's bit hard also to understand the context (this is something an admin
    would trigger as a kind of "backup" ?)

    BTW Please fix your system clock...
    --
    Patrice