Tedious Login During Development

Jonathan Wood

I'm working on a site that requires all users to login using ASP.NET
membership and forms authentication.

That's working find but it's a hassle to have to manually log in every time
I run the app. I can avoid this using Windows authentication, but then I'm
not associated with any membership records.

Just wondered how others are handling this.

LVP

if you have access to the source code, I just fix in code behind the
username and password.

username = "me"
password = "mypass"

Jonathan Wood

Well, I'm using the Login control. It has a UserName and Password property
but the Password property anyway is read-only.

Trying to find if there's another way to set it. I guess it's okay if I just
have to hit enter if I can find a way to set the default username and
password.