Telephony with Java?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jan_Thom=E4?=

Hi,

i am currently trying to access phones within java. I was wondering what
kind of APIs are available and if anyone could recommend a decent
solution. I have only found JTAPI so far. Are there other and maybe
better APIs you could recommend? I would like to do things like:

- make a call to a certain number
- send some wave file over the line
- pick up a call
- receive a wave file

that would mostly cover it. I am not asking for any source code, I just
want to know which APIs you have used if they were useful for you and
what pitfalls should be known and avoided.

Any pointers are appreciated. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Jan Thomä