Telnet and out-of-band responses

Mark Probert

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4391D.6D903A60

Hi.

Has anyone had experience about handling out-of-band responses from within
telnet?

For example, consider running 'more' on a large text file. At the bottom of
the terminal window will appear an out-of-band massage such as
"---More---(13%)". I haven't been able to work out a way to be able to
match that text. In my application, the behaviour is similar, though the
commands are different (against an embedded application running VxWorks).

One option is to set the terminal to infinite lines. However, in my case, I
am not able to do that. I need to limit the output, capture it, and
terminate it.

Any other ideas?

Many thanks,

-mark.