telnet from c application using libcurl ??

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Jake, Feb 23, 2008.

  1. Jake

    Jake Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to make an application in C which must establish a telnet
    session
    with a remote server, execute some scripts on the remote server and close
    down
    the telnet session.

    I have had a look at libcurl since it supports several protocols, but I
    haven't been
    able to figure out if I can use libcurl for the purpose described above.

    Any suggestions to what I could do?

    The application must be programmed in C and the telnet session has to be
    controlled from the same C-application.

    Cheers...

    Jake, Feb 23, 2008

  2. "Jake" <> writes:

    > I am trying to make an application in C which must establish a telnet
    > session
    > with a remote server, execute some scripts on the remote server and close
    > down
    > the telnet session.
    >
    > I have had a look at libcurl since it supports several protocols, but I
    > haven't been
    > able to figure out if I can use libcurl for the purpose described above.
    >
    > Any suggestions to what I could do?
    >
    > The application must be programmed in C and the telnet session has to be
    > controlled from the same C-application.

    You will get better answers if you post in a group that discusses
    whatever system you are targeting (e.g. comp.unix.programmer if you
    want a POSIX solution). I don't know here to go for help specific to
    libcurl.

    Standard C (the topic here) has no mechanism to do this.

    --
    Ben.

    Ben Bacarisse, Feb 23, 2008

  3. Jake

    CBFalconer Guest

    Jake wrote:

    > I am trying to make an application in C which must establish a
    > telnet session with a remote server, execute some scripts on the
    > remote server and close down the telnet session.
    >
    > I have had a look at libcurl since it supports several protocols,
    > but I haven't been able to figure out if I can use libcurl for
    > the purpose described above.
    >
    > Any suggestions to what I could do?

    Yes. First, limit your line lengths to 72 chars (but 67 is
    better). I corrected your post above. Second, post your query on
    a newsgroup where it is topical. telnet protocols, libcurl, etc.
    are not topical on c.l.c, where the topic is standard C, as
    described in K&R or the ISO standards.

    F'ups set.

    Try the download section.

    CBFalconer, Feb 24, 2008
  4. Jake

    Richard Guest

    CBFalconer <> writes:

    > Jake wrote:
    >>
    >> I am trying to make an application in C which must establish a
    >> telnet session with a remote server, execute some scripts on the
    >> remote server and close down the telnet session.
    >>
    >> I have had a look at libcurl since it supports several protocols,
    >> but I haven't been able to figure out if I can use libcurl for
    >> the purpose described above.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions to what I could do?

    > Yes. First, limit your line lengths to 72 chars (but 67 is
    > better). I corrected your post above. Second, post your query on
    > a newsgroup where it is topical. telnet protocols, libcurl, etc.
    > are not topical on c.l.c, where the topic is standard C, as
    > described in K&R or the ISO standards.
    >
    > F'ups set.
    >
    > --
    > [mail]: Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net)
    > [page]: <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>
    > Try the download section.

    Please do not use things like "F'ups". It could mean anything. If you do
    not speak English people will have problems understanding you. I believe
    you lecture people about that on a regular basis.

    Richard, Feb 24, 2008