Telnet to cisco

Bogus

Hi,

I need to write a telnet client through which I will connect to cisco
(router/switch) but it must be as much similar to normal telnet client
as possible - right now I wrote very simple telnet client but it doesn't
work like I want e.g. when I send command "show ip bgp" which shows
whole bgp table normal telnet wait for space to show next page of
prefixes but my script doesn't work in this place
I need to use this script like a normal telnet client - is it possible?

Reason: I need to format some data which is send to console

This is the code which I found:
use IO::Socket;
$remote = IO::Socket::INET->new(
Proto => "tcp",
PeerAddr=> "remote-ip",
PeerPort=> "23",
) or die "cannot connect to remote-ip";

$remote->autoflush(1);
print STDERR "[Connected to $host:$port]\n";
die "can't fork: $!" unless defined($kidpid = fork());
if ($kidpid) {
while (defined ($line = <$remote>)) {
print STDOUT $line;
}
kill("TERM", $kidpid); # send SIGTERM to child
}
else {
while (defined ($line = <STDIN>)) {
print $remote $line;

Thanks

Martijn Lievaart

Hi,

I need to write a telnet client through which I will connect to cisco
(router/switch) but it must be as much similar to normal telnet client
as possible - right now I wrote very simple telnet client but it doesn't
work like I want e.g. when I send command "show ip bgp" which shows
whole bgp table normal telnet wait for space to show next page of
prefixes but my script doesn't work in this place I need to use this
script like a normal telnet client - is it possible?

Use clogin from the rancid package, much easier.

M4

John Mason Jr

[...]

http://search.cpan.org/~joshua/Net-Telnet-Cisco-1.10/Cisco.pm

John