Telnetting to diff IP with same port number

tukker

Hi All,
I am new to JAVA world.
Is it possible to have a telnet service running and lesion on
port let say 233, but the telnetd should be able to service for
multiple IP address.
For example: telnetd will be configured to serve request for
1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.2
it allways lesion to port 233
The telnetd should also be able to accept
2 telnet request with target IP as 1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.2 on same port
23.
Lets assume the telnetd is running on a
single windows m/c and we have routes added on to saying any telnet
request with port 233 to IP address 1.1.1.1 or 2.2.2.2. go via
loopback.

Thanks in advance
Sandeep

Java coder

tukker a écrit :
Hi All,
I am new to JAVA world.
Is it possible to have a telnet service running and lesion on
port let say 233, but the telnetd should be able to service for
multiple IP address.
For example: telnetd will be configured to serve request for
1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.2
it allways lesion to port 233
The telnetd should also be able to accept
2 telnet request with target IP as 1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.2 on same port
23.
Lets assume the telnetd is running on a
single windows m/c and we have routes added on to saying any telnet
request with port 233 to IP address 1.1.1.1 or 2.2.2.2. go via
loopback.

httpd is able to listen to several ip on the same computer (i think) if
you don't bind to any ip. So on your java socket, don't bind to any ip,
and it should work.

Tom Anderson

I am new to JAVA world.
Is it possible to have a telnet service running and lesion on
port let say 233, but the telnetd should be able to service for
multiple IP address.

Yes. This is the default behaviour of a ServerSocket which doesn't have a
specified local address. It's also the behaviour of a ServerSocket created
with an explicit null address, and for that you can rely on the API docs:

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/a...#ServerSocket(int, int, java.net.InetAddress)

The bindAddr argument can be used on a multi-homed host for a
ServerSocket that will only accept connect requests to one of its
addresses. If bindAddr is null, it will default accepting connections on
any/all local addresses.

It's also the behaviour of a ServerSocket bound to the address 0.0.0.0 (at
least on my machine - is this portable?). This is useful to know when you
have an API that absolutely requires a bind address.
Lets assume the telnetd is running on a
single windows m/c and we have routes added on to saying any telnet
request with port 233 to IP address 1.1.1.1 or 2.2.2.2. go via
loopback.

If it's specifically routed via loopback, i think you could even bind to
127.0.0.1 and receive all the connections.

tom