Temp dir creation

marco

I'm a bit puzzled by the following behaviour
(at least in the way I read
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-tempfile.html )
Python 2.4 (#1, Mar 21 2005, 23:04:52)
[GCC 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.(3, '/home/local/9qF7kf')

OK, it works as expected, but...
'./HFXmX2'

I thought this should be '/home/local/HFXmX2'?
According to the doc page above "mkdtemp() returns
the absolute pathname of the new directory", which
isn't what I get:
'/home/local/HFXmX2'

Workaround I'm using:

Comments?