    Is there any other way by which I can explicitly delete these files from the
    server ?

    Thanks!!
    Paul Hilton, Jul 21, 2004

  2. Paul Hilton

    chanmmn Guest

    Have you tried to stop your www service?

    chanmm

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ystlmn/html/crtskexportingwebbasedreports.asp

    > The issue is that I am not able to delete the temporary files generated on
    > the server. As per this article, I am using file.delete to do this, but

    its

    chanmmn, Jul 21, 2004

  3. Paul Hilton

    Sunny Guest

    Hi,

    not really a remoting problem, but it looks like that the file is still open
    when you try to delete. I have never used ReportDocument, but look if it
    has a Dispose or Close method and invoke it before you try to delete the
    file.

    You may try as well to put the Delete method in a try/catch block and to see
    what exception is thrown if any.

    Sunny

    Sunny, Jul 22, 2004
  4. Paul Hilton

    Guest

    chanmmn wrote:

    > Have you tried to stop your www service?
    >
    > chanmm
    >
    > "Paul Hilton" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >>I am referring to this article for exporting a report to pdf file .
    >>

    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ystlmn/html/crtskexportingwebbasedreports.asp
    >
    >>The issue is that I am not able to delete the temporary files generated on
    >>the server. As per this article, I am using file.delete to do this, but

    > its
    >
    >>ineffective.
    >>Is there any other way by which I can explicitly delete these files from

    > the
    >
    >>server ?
    >>
    >>Thanks!!

    Hello,

    Check the permissions on the folder and make sure that ASPNET has the
    correct permissions.

    ChiefDnd
    , Jul 23, 2004