    I know there are solutions around (everybody writes his own, I suppose), but it is difficult to get an overview on what is available.

    Thanks ---
    Ralf.

    Ralf Robert Höppel, Feb 13, 2007

  2. Ralf Robert Höppel

    Phrogz Guest

    On Feb 13, 9:03 am, Ralf Robert Höppel <> wrote:
    > is there a template engine similar to Template Toolkit 2 (in Perl) available for Ruby? It should be feature-rich, stand-alone, not restricted to only generate HTML output.

    I'm not familiar with Perl or TT2. However, I will say that ERB (that
    comes with Ruby) sounds like a good match. I use it at work for both
    HTML and C++ code generation.

    Because it was so common for me to want to use an XML file to drive an
    ERB template, I wrote a little script that loads a specified XML file
    into REXML, and makes that available to an ERB template.

    It's simple, but it's Ruby...how much more simplicity and power do you
    need? ;)

    I've uploaded documentation and code for it at
    http://phrogz.net/AnarkSamples/RubyGen/

    Phrogz, Feb 13, 2007