Template engine

cyber1boy

Hi,

I use Spring MVC framework and I need some opensource template engine for
view component.
Wich template engine do you use ?

I know for three tempalte engines: Velocity, Tapestry and FreeMaker.

Thanks.

cyber1boy

Daniel Pitts

Hi,

I use Spring MVC framework and I need some opensource template engine for
view component.
Wich template engine do you use ?

I know for three tempalte engines: Velocity, Tapestry and FreeMaker.

Thanks.

cyber1boy

You could also deploy to an webapp container and use JSP.

cyber1boy

I know that, but I would like to hear your opinions about various template
engines.

Thanks,
cyber1boy

Roedy Green

I use Spring MVC framework and I need some opensource template engine for
view component.
Wich template engine do you use ?

The one I used most was Freemarker. It seems to have caught on. A
brilliant but impossibly egotistical guy I used to work with did much
of the design. I quit the job because I found him too stressful to
work with. Freemarker is somewhat more straightforward that usual.

For a whacking huge list of them see
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/framework.html

What is with people that the always was to reinvent the wheel rather
than produce the first of breed of thousand of apps that go begging.
Similarly programmers love to create yet another SQL engine. Perhaps
it is just the lack of skill in designing programs rather than coding
to a spec or doing a minor theme and variations on some other program.

Robert Klemme

What is with people that the always was to reinvent the wheel rather
than produce the first of breed of thousand of apps that go begging.
Similarly programmers love to create yet another SQL engine. Perhaps
it is just the lack of skill in designing programs rather than coding
to a spec or doing a minor theme and variations on some other program.

There might be some truth in your statement: it's significantly easier
to develop towards a spec than to come up with the next big thing(TM).
At least that's my impression.

Kind regards

robert