    I know for three tempalte engines: Velocity, Tapestry and FreeMaker.

    Thanks.

    cyber1boy

    cyber1boy, Jan 9, 2008

  2. cyber1boy

    Daniel Pitts Guest

    On Jan 9, 4:02 am, "cyber1boy" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I use Spring MVC framework and I need some opensource template engine for
    > view component.
    > Wich template engine do you use ?
    >
    > I know for three tempalte engines: Velocity, Tapestry and FreeMaker.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > cyber1boy

    You could also deploy to an webapp container and use JSP.

    Daniel Pitts, Jan 9, 2008

  3. cyber1boy

    cyber1boy Guest

    I know that, but I would like to hear your opinions about various template
    engines.

    Thanks,
    cyber1boy

    cyber1boy, Jan 10, 2008
  4. On 10.01.2008 09:32, cyber1boy wrote:
    > I know that, but I would like to hear your opinions about various template
    > engines.

    This article is a quite informative comparison between freemarker and
    velocity

    http://freemarker.blogspot.com/2007/12/velocity-of-freemarker-looking-at-5.html

    I can't judge the neutrality of the comparison but I found it still
    worth the read. I'm sure your favourite search engine will turn up more.

    Kind regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Jan 12, 2008
  5. cyber1boy

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 13:02:45 +0100, "cyber1boy" <>

    >I use Spring MVC framework and I need some opensource template engine for
    >view component.
    >Wich template engine do you use ?

    The one I used most was Freemarker. It seems to have caught on. A
    brilliant but impossibly egotistical guy I used to work with did much
    of the design. I quit the job because I found him too stressful to
    work with. Freemarker is somewhat more straightforward that usual.

    For a whacking huge list of them see
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/framework.html

    What is with people that the always was to reinvent the wheel rather
    than produce the first of breed of thousand of apps that go begging.
    Similarly programmers love to create yet another SQL engine. Perhaps
    it is just the lack of skill in designing programs rather than coding
    to a spec or doing a minor theme and variations on some other program.
    --
    Roedy Green, Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary, http://mindprod.com

    Roedy Green, Jan 15, 2008
  6. On 15.01.2008 12:08, Roedy Green wrote:
    > What is with people that the always was to reinvent the wheel rather
    > than produce the first of breed of thousand of apps that go begging.
    > Similarly programmers love to create yet another SQL engine. Perhaps
    > it is just the lack of skill in designing programs rather than coding
    > to a spec or doing a minor theme and variations on some other program.

    There might be some truth in your statement: it's significantly easier
    to develop towards a spec than to come up with the next big thing(TM).
    At least that's my impression.

    Kind regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Jan 16, 2008