Template instantiation on HP aCC compiler

rpmohan

Hello,
I have sample Program called sample.C . The source code looks like
below.
#include <List.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{

List<int> myList;
return 0;
}

When I compile this program, I am getting Linker error below

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
List<int>::List()%1 (code)
List<int>::~List() (code)

I attempted to compile this program with different options...

1) aCC +inst_compiletime -I- -I/opt/aCC/include/SC sample.C

2) aCC +inst_auto -I- -I/opt/aCC/include/SC sample.C

3) aCC +inst_all -I- -I/opt/aCC/include/SC sample.C

What could be wrong in my compiler options.

I am compiling this program on HP-UNIX 10.2
Compiler version:
/opt/aCC/bin/aCC:
HP aC++ B3910B A.01.23
HP aC++ B3910B A.01.19.02 Language Support Library

Could anyone help me regarding the same.

Alf P. Steinbach

Hello,
I have sample Program called sample.C . The source code looks like
below.
#include <List.h>

That's not a standard header, but perhaps you meant to
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{

List<int> myList;
return 0;
}

When I compile this program, I am getting Linker error below

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
List<int>::List()%1 (code)
List<int>::~List() (code)

I attempted to compile this program with different options...

1) aCC +inst_compiletime -I- -I/opt/aCC/include/SC sample.C

2) aCC +inst_auto -I- -I/opt/aCC/include/SC sample.C

3) aCC +inst_all -I- -I/opt/aCC/include/SC sample.C

What could be wrong in my compiler options.

That's off-topic in this group.

Jan Gerrit Kootstra

rpmohan said:
[...]

rpmohan,

Do you have the header file List.h on your system? C is case sensitve.

Regards,

Jan Gerrit

Rolf Magnus

rpmohan said:
Hello,
I have sample Program called sample.C . The source code looks like
below.
#include <List.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{

List<int> myList;
return 0;
}

When I compile this program, I am getting Linker error below

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
List<int>::List()%1 (code)
List<int>::~List() (code)

The above shows that the compiler seems to be finding the class
definition, but the linker isn't finding any implementation of the
constructor and destructor. Maybe you put them in another translation
unit? That's not possible unless your compiler supports the export
keyword. Try putting the implementations of your List constructor and
destructor into the header file.

Dennis Handly