Template is missing statement

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Boris Vom grund, Jul 18, 2010.

  1. Hi folks. Listen I got a problem.
    Just starts wirth ruby. Everything is installed
    and when I check the lacalhost Site, evrything is running well
    So I start doing an new application named say.

    I got a class Say Controller

    saved: demo/app/controllers/say_controller.rb

    class SayController < ApplicationController
    def hello
    end
    end

    and a html.erb
    Gespeichert : demo/app/views/say/hello.html.erb

    <head>
    <title>Hello, Rails!</title>
    </head>
    <h1>Hello from Rails!</h1>

    In the website output :

    Missing template
    demo/app/views/say/hello.rhtml

    What can I do???

    Boris Vom grund, Jul 18, 2010

  2. Do you notice any difference between the two filenames?
    Let's see...

    On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Boris Vom grund <> wrote:
    > Hi folks. Listen I got a problem.
    > Just starts wirth ruby. Everything is installed
    > and when I check the lacalhost Site, evrything is running well
    > So I start doing an new application named say.
    >
    > I got a class Say Controller
    >
    > saved: demo/app/controllers/say_controller.rb
    >
    > class SayController < ApplicationController
    > def hello
    > end
    > end
    >
    > and a html.erb
    > Gespeichert : demo/app/views/say/hello.html.erb

    > <head>
    > <title>Hello, Rails!</title>
    > </head>
    > <h1>Hello from Rails!</h1>
    >
    > In the website output :
    >
    > Missing template
    > demo/app/views/say/hello.rhtml
    >
    > What can I do???

    Michael Fellinger
    CTO, The Rubyists, LLC

    Michael Fellinger, Jul 18, 2010

  3. Boris Vom grund wrote:
    > Hi folks. Listen I got a problem.
    > Just starts wirth ruby. Everything is installed
    > and when I check the lacalhost Site, evrything is running well
    > So I start doing an new application named say.
    >
    > I got a class Say Controller
    >
    > saved: demo/app/controllers/say_controller.rb

    You haven't actually said so, but I'm going to guess you're working with
    Rails.

    Questions specifically about Rails (rather than the Ruby language it is
    written in) are best asked on a Rails mailing list, rather than a Ruby
    one.

    Brian Candler, Jul 19, 2010