Template problem

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by JA, Sep 14, 2003.

  1. JA

    JA Guest

    Hi,

    I posted this somewhere else, but I don't think it was quite the right
    place, so I'll try here. I know a little about asp, but not much.

    This is on a FrontPage 2000 site.

    I have a template page. A full page design. I have to split it into a header
    and a footer, for some asp pages. To do this, I marked the beginning of the
    content area with xxxx. Everything above that, I saved as the header.
    Everything below it, I saved as the footer.

    I can open the template as an ASP page or as an HTML page, and it's fine. I
    can open the header (htm) or the footer (htm), and they are fine. But when I
    open one of the ASP pages of my cart program (that calls the header and
    footer files), I get this error message:

    Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0140'
    Page Command Out Of Order
    /header.htm, line 1
    The @ command must be the first command within the Active Server Page.

    The first line on the header is:
    <%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>

    But that is the same first line on all the other pages that do work. Could
    it have something to do with the fact that the cart ASP pages are written in
    vbscript? If so, what would I do about it?

    Thanks for any help!

    Jill

    JA, Sep 14, 2003

  2. "JA" <> wrote in message
    > I can open the template as an ASP page or as an HTML page, and it's

    fine. I
    > can open the header (htm) or the footer (htm), and they are fine.

    But when I
    > open one of the ASP pages of my cart program (that calls the header

    and
    > footer files), I get this error message:
    >
    > Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0140'
    > Page Command Out Of Order
    > /header.htm, line 1
    > The @ command must be the first command within the Active Server

    Page.

    > The first line on the header is:
    > <%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>

    I haven't used FP in a long time, but I would move that line into the
    top of the actual ASP page (remove it from the Header page) and then
    have the ASP insert the Header page just below that line. Like this:

    <Begin ASP page here>
    <%@LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
    <Insert Header Page here>

    <The rest of the ASP continues here>