Template / Skin in ASP.Net?

Shelby

Hi,

if I want my asp.net application to have a consistent look and feel
throughout, is there any techniques or mechanism to do it? It's something
like template or skin. So that when I decided to change the layout of the
application, I do not have to change it in every of my aspx file.

In ASP, I used to write a template class. So was wondering asp.net got new
feature for this?

Any suggestion?

Cheers
Shelby

Dan Bass

This is normally done using stylesheets so that none of the pages have any
properties pertaining to font name or size, page colours, background images
etc etc, with in the HTML themselves. They only reference a CSS file.

Patrice

Plus you'll have a skin mechanism in ASP.NET 2.0 allowing to set properties
for server control server side either application wide (or more exactly for
all pages using a particuler "theme") or based on a SkinId

Patrice