templated ObjectList problem

Reinhold Schalk

Hello,
i have a templated ObjectList to do some custom layout especially for the
details panel.
I have a <ItemTemplate> and a <ItemDetailsTemplate>.
I switch from list view to details view by setting the ObjectListViewMode
property to either List or Details in my event handler for the
OnItemCommand-event.
This works fine exactly once.
I can switch from list to details view.
But if i want to switch back to list view, the list is empty!!!
I have set the EnableViewState of my form and ObjectList control to true,
but with no success.
Any help is very much appreciated!
Thanks in advance
Reinhold

César A. Fong Espinola

do you use back command?? or has implemented you own rutine??

Cesar

Reinhold Schalk

Hello César,
thanks for your reply.
To populate the ObjectList control i use data binding: i set the DataSource
property of the ObjectList to my resulting DataSet, the DataMember to the
name of the table in the Tables collection of the DataSet and the i call the
method DataBind().

To switch back from details view to list view i use the (generated)
"back"-command.

Thanks for any input
Reinhold

César A. Fong Espinola

have you check if your mobile form has the EnableViewState set to true too??

César

Reinhold Schalk

Yes, i have.
EnableViewState is set to true for the Page (directive <%@ Page), also for
the form and also for the control itself.
I wonder how the basic mechnism functions! If i use the basic ObjectList
control, that means without my own ItemTemplate and ItemDetailsTemplate,
then everything works fine.

Reinhold

César A. Fong Espinola

have you tried to override Back button event and change the viewmode
programatically ??

Cesar