templated user controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Adrijan Josic, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. Ok I have made a templated user control using the sample
    in help that is used like this:

    <General:WebPage id="WebPage1"
    runat="server">
    <Header>
    header
    </Header>
    <Left>
    <asp:Button
    ID="test" Runat="server" OnClick="testClick"
    Text="test "></asp:Button>
    </Left>
    <Content>
    content
    </Content>
    </General:WebPage>

    Ok, notice the server button inside on of the templates.
    Is there any way I could declare that button as a property
    of the page this code is on? I could probably access the
    button using a couple of FindControl calls and typecasts
    but that's a little tedious.

    Thanks

    Adrijan Josic, Jan 13, 2004