TemplatedControlDesigner - how to refresh design view

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Mike, Dec 30, 2004.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hi all

    I have a simple templated control (the one from ASP.NET quickstarts,
    little modified ->
    http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quicks...les/webforms/ctrlauth/templates/Template1.src).

    I tried to add design-time support, and found
    "SimpleTemplatedControlDesigner" Class:
    http://weblogs.asp.net/asmith/articles/SimpleTemplatedControlDesigner.aspx

    Almost everything works fine, but one thing, when I modify template from
    the designer, click "End template editing", the changes are not
    refreshed in design view. In html view, all is ok, but the design view
    refreshes only if I rebuild the designer or make any change in html view.
    I've tested the designer both in visual studio and web matrix - the
    behavior is the same so the problem is not on the ide side I think.

    I've spent many hours trying to fix this issue with no luck. Maybe
    someone can help me?

    best regards
    michal
    Mike, Dec 30, 2004

  2. Mike

    MiguelC Guest

    Have you solved this yet? I am having the exact same problem with the
    same class. This problem pretty much makes the designer useless. I've
    been on it for a couple of hours with no joy.

    MiguelC, Jan 11, 2005