TemplatedControlDesigner - how to refresh design view

Mike

Hi all

I have a simple templated control (the one from ASP.NET quickstarts,
little modified ->
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quicks...les/webforms/ctrlauth/templates/Template1.src).

I tried to add design-time support, and found
"SimpleTemplatedControlDesigner" Class:
http://weblogs.asp.net/asmith/articles/SimpleTemplatedControlDesigner.aspx

Almost everything works fine, but one thing, when I modify template from
the designer, click "End template editing", the changes are not
refreshed in design view. In html view, all is ok, but the design view
refreshes only if I rebuild the designer or make any change in html view.
I've tested the designer both in visual studio and web matrix - the
behavior is the same so the problem is not on the ide side I think.

I've spent many hours trying to fix this issue with no luck. Maybe
someone can help me?

best regards
michal

MiguelC

Have you solved this yet? I am having the exact same problem with the
same class. This problem pretty much makes the designer useless. I've
been on it for a couple of hours with no joy.